The lack of posts have been due to me being on holiday for the last 2 weeks. Anyway it is now back to reality, normality and baking! After lots of excessive eating I fancied quite a simple cake today and thought this loaf I found on bbb.co.uk/food would fit the bill nicely. It also contains Greek yoghurt, which I've been consuming a lot of over the holiday, to eek out that holiday feeling before tomorrow's return to work.
125g Greek yoghurt (I used Total)
50ml rapeseed oil
zest of 1 lemon
zest of 1 orange
125g caster sugar
200g plain flour
2 tspn baking powder
For the Glaze
1 tbspn orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas 4. Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
2. Beat together the yoghurt, oil, lemon and orange zest and eggs until light and fluffy. Sift in all the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for around 45 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little in the tin.
5. Make the glaze by warming the marmalade and orange juice in a small saucepan until melted together. Pour the glaze over the cake and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.