So the bread making continues..... I was tidying up the kitchen cupboards this morning and came across some Doves Farm Wholegrain Spelt Flour. I usually use this flour for making tarts but noticed the recipe on the back of the packet for a Roman Style Loaf. It is, thanks to the Doves Farm recipe, a really easy loaf to make. I was a bit concerned as it didn't seem to rise much during the 25 min resting time but has turned out just fine nonetheless. It is dense yet moist and very tasty!
500g wholegrain spelt flour (as mentioned I used Doves Farm organic)
1/2 tspn salt
1tspn instant yeast
1 tbspn honey
400ml warm water
1 tbpn olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200c/gas Mark 6
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt and yeast.
3. Dissolve the honey in the water and roughly mix into the flour.
4. Add the oil and mix well. Knead the dough for a few minutes then put it in to a loaf tin.
5. Cover and leave dough in a warm place for around 25 mins. Bake for 40-45 mins.