1. Peel, core and slice 3 apples (eating). Then fry the slices in butter with a couple of teaspoons of sugar until slightly soft (do this slowly and gently so they don't burn).
2. Roll out the pastry and put in a tart tin. (They used ready made sweet dessert pastry.)
3. Drain the apple slices and then lay them on the pastry so they overlap.
4. Bake for about half an hour at approx 200c.
5. Before serving brush with apricot jelly to glaze.
Picture on its way.....
I'm having camera problems and the pic won't load.....