About MissCakeBaker

I spend the week running in heels and the weekends in my apron.

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Baking Made Easy




Just read a great article in this week's Grazia about Lorraine Pascale. I have been loving her series Baking Made Easy on BBC2. Her cakes and bakes look so delicious and so simple. I was slightly in awe of the fact that she was making her Skinny Tarts in the most pristine white shirt - it is not a look I could ever pull off in the kitchen - well not the pristine part anyway. She is a former model (she looks amazing!) and I love the fact that she gave up modelling to concentrate on her long term career plan and even became a trainee mechanic at Skoda during that search. She finally found her vocation in food after doing a Leith's course which then led to her working at several London restaurants and The Hummingbird Bakery. This resulted in her setting up Ella's Bakehouse in Covent Garden - all this while single handedly bringing up her daughter. I'm off to get her book and hopefully try out a recipe or two this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo i love this series. The book arrived on my doorstep y'day from amazon and i cant wait to get in my kitchen and get baking!

    ReplyDelete